CleanZone Operating Procedures
An instructional sticker is on the side of every CleanZone cart and station, along with the LED light as well as the “Start” button to activate the sanitizing cycle. (shown below).
Make sure the LED light is GREEN. This indicates that the system is ready to use and any previous cleaning cycle has been completed.
- Load your devices as usual into the system.
- Be sure to fully close and lock all doors of the cart or station.
- To begin the ozone cleaning cycle, press and hold the silver START button for approximately 2-3 seconds.
- The LED will turn RED, indicating that the ozone decontamination cycle is in progress.
DO NOT open the doors of the system at any time while the LED is RED.
- You will hear the fan motor during the entire sanitizing cycle; this circulates the ozone throughout the sealed space.
- Once the cycle is complete and the ozone has dissipated back to oxygen, the LED light turns GREEN and the cart/station is safe to open.
- Unlock doors—ready to use clean devices.
The sanitizing cycle takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
NOTE: As an added precaution, we recommend that users—especially those who may be more sensitive to smells or suffer from any respiratory-related issues—maintain a minimum distance of six feet from the CleanZone system during the cleaning cycle.
GREEN LED MEANS GO: Cart/Station can safely be opened and utilized
RED LED MEANS STOP: The decontamination cycle is active, so don’t open the cart/station doors
1.) Sensitive electronics and high voltage inside the ozone generator box. KEEP OUT!*
2.) Do not open doors until the LED light has turned GREEN.
3.) As with other cleaning procedures, stay away from the cart/station during disinfecting cycle.
*The ozone generator box is tamper-sealed. Opening the box will void the warranty/service agreement of this unit.
Questions or Service
Call 888.213.4900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential CleanZone Information
Ozone is a powerful agent for disinfecting. Below are some questions and answers you might find useful.
Any further questions related to ozone as a disinfectant is on our CleanZone page.
Questions specific to your deployment of the CleanZone system can be directed to EarthWalk’s technical support:
CALL | 888.213.4900 (ask for tech support)
ONLINE | Contact form