The beauty of all EarthWalk computer carts and stations are ease of use.
Your cart/station requires just one standard electrical outlet and one Ethernet drop. Just plug it into both, and you’re ready to work.
An Ethernet connection is only necessary if/when you want a “hardwired” connection to your school’s network.
You may use your devices as independent computers, with just one electrical plug to the cart.
Many instructors like to assign a specific device to a student so that they can monitor its use (or abuse).
Hand out or have the students retrieve the devices, walk through the start-up sequence, and assign the day’s task.
BEFORE HANDING OUT THE DEVICES:
- Remind your students that this is an expensive tool and should be HANDLED WITH CARE.
- The students should have clean hands.
- Neither food or any liquids should be permitted around the desk area where the devices will be used.
- Students should be instructed to carry the devices carefully with two hands.
HANDING OUT THE DEVICES:
- Call the students one at a time to collect each assigned device.
- Monitor that the students are handling the units carefully as they return to their desks.
- Review the correct method of opening and powering up the units.
- Every precaution should be taken to avoid dropping the devices or banging them on hard surfaces.
- A printer can be networked or connected locally.
- You may have an external battery system for your devices; these units should be fully charged, connected and deployed with the devices. External batteries provide freshly-charged batteries for extended work time.